15 Dec 2016

Knitting

I loved playing with the knitting machines as it is not something that I have ever tried before but I liked the idea of being able to use natural materials that I had not really worked with before. There is something quite therapeutic about using a knitting machine. Firstly the precise nature of setting them up and then the back and forth motion. I managed to create quite a few samples and experimented with stripes and different thicknesses of fibres. Although I really enjoyed knitting, I am not sure at this stage how I would move this forward. I think I would need to invest a lot of time in the knitting room in order to be more creative and be able to manipulate the fibres accordingly. Unlike embroidery, which is much more easier for me to develop and do so from my home - which is a bonus with a young family.  




Knitting may be something that I revisit in the future but for now, I will be concentrating on developing my embroidery skills!



No comments:

Post a Comment